24 Feb Deli Associate
Every full-time, regular part-time, or part-time Deli Associate is responsible to participate in the proper and efficient operation of his or her shift, within company policy and under the direction of the Deli Manager, store management, and/or company executives, in such a manner as to ensure the increased profitability of the company.
- Responsible to work with deli management and store management to achieve sales and profits in the deli department.
- Make custom sandwiches, salads, prepare / cook foods from the menu as ordered by customers.
- Prepare and cook various food dishes according to Company recipe.
- Follow portion controls for product consistency and to insure profit margins.
- Trim and cut meat, pork, seafood, poultry, fruits, and vegetables.
- Rotate food products to assure freshness. Check for outdates. Stirs / re garnish hot foods as needed to maintain visual freshness.
- Assist in all cleaning and maintenance of deli equipment. Wash dishes, clean floors, organize storage areas, etc.
- Run Hobart labels accurately to price merchandise.
- Receive freight and products from rack jobbers accurately.
- Able to tolerate cooler and freezer temperatures for a reasonable amount of time to retrieve ingredients, organize, and clean.
- Minimizes waste by properly storing and handling of all food items produced.
- Greet each customer with a friendly ‘Aloha’, with a smile and eye contact.
- Quickly, efficiently, and courteously fill customers’ orders.
- Thank each customer with a friendly ‘Mahalo’ at the end of each transaction with a smile and eye contact.
- Recognize and thank customers waiting in line to be served.
- Maintain excellent customer service embedded in the spirit of aloha.
- Have general knowledge of food safety practices. This includes knowledge of best practices in the areas of hand washing and personal hygiene.
- Understands how to prevent cross contamination and understands time and temperature rules.
- Practice and enforces food safety procedures to insure serving food that is safe to consume.
- Clean gloves and hair restraints in use when preparing and cooking food.
- Clean and sanitize all food preparation and cooking areas.
- Date all open containers, deli meats, cheese, pasta, condiments and dressings for proper storage.
- Practices proper lifting techniques.
- Practices proper box cutter usage.
- Proper handling and storage of knives and cutting equipment to avoid injury.
- Keeps work area, receiving area, and customer access areas clean, free of wet spots, and low lying boxes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability
Ability to read, understands, speak, and write the English language. There may be occasion where this is required to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a deli associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Continuously need to use various kitchen utensils when performing duties. Frequently need to use: Pots and pans, deep fryer, gas stove or oven, steam cooker, gas grill, meat slicer, stretch wrapper, rice pot, knife, label machine, tape dispenser, and price gun to prepare products for display in showcase and on shelves. Occasionally need to use: can opener, scale and label maker, service cart, broom, dust pan, mop, and various cleaning solutions to do cleaning duties; microwave oven to prepare products for sale; stock wagon and hand truck to transport merchandise and supplies to and from deli prep area.
- Continuously stand, walk, handle, and use corrected vision to do all job duties; use wide field of vision to provide customer service. Frequently need to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch to fill show case and retrieve from it. Occasionally need to push and pull up to 100 lbs. to take supplies to and from storage using a cart or hand truck; lift and carry up to 30 lbs. to take supplies to and from storage; climb and balance to retrieve supplies; use good eye-hand-coordination and depth perception to handle meat slicer and knives.
This list of Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, and changes in personnel, workload, or technical development.)Fill Out the Application