The Deli Associate position contributes to our Island Deli success by providing exceptional customer service to all our customers. This position also creates the Island Deli experience all our customers expect by providing quick and friendly service, quality food products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable work environment.
- Knowledge of proper safe food handling procedures and is required to practice them in the daily operation of the kitchen.
- Ability to assist in the development and production of food menu items for sale in the prepared food sections of our stores.
- Gives all customers prompt and courteous service.
- Assists Store Management in maintaining a ready-for-business store appearance at all times.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, understands, speak, and write the English language. There may be occasion where this is required to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals