Prepare and stock Produce Department items safely, accurately, quickly, neatly, efficiently, and intact on correct locations for an appealing display. Assist all customers with courteous, pleasant, patient service and treatment.
· Great each customer in friendly manner, with a smile and eye contact.
· Quickly, efficiently, and courteously fill customers’ orders.
· Thank customer in a friendly manner for shopping at Island Gourmet Markets, with a smile and eye contact.
· Recognize and thank customers waiting to be served with a smile, eye contact.
· Use every opportunity to recognize customers by their names.
· Prepare produce for sale. Trim, wash, and wrap vegetables.
· Retrieve Produce Department items from back room and properly display them on sales floor shelves and cases.
· Maintain neat, orderly, and appealing displays.
· Trim vegetables displayed in showcase daily as needed.
· Check for and remove spoiled and damaged Produce Department items.
· Receive freight; check and compare it with invoices (when working during receiving hours).
· Price various Produce Department items before displaying on the sales floor.
· Order Produce Department items and supplies.
· Take inventory.
· Clean, sweep, and mop prep room and sales floor as needed.
· Clean cases, mirrors, and storage areas.
· Bale and dump trash and cardboard boxes.