The Point of Sale (POS) Assistant's primary responsibility is to maintain the accuracy of all Merchandise related information in a timely manner on multiple POS applications and systems. This position interfaces and works closely with multiple Office Departments, Vendors and Stores.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately maintains all cost, price and item related information in the POS systems for all stores in a timely manner.
- Processes new item setups, price changes, promotions, orders, invoices, requests for reports, shelf tapes, price labels
- Creates, edits, and posts information related to sales, items, and other information.
- Manages all SKU, PLU, UPC, Ingredients, and Safety and Handling information.
- Provides POS related support and training to all departments and stores.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 10 key by touch.
- Intermediate PC skills in Microsoft Office Programs (Word and Excel)
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with critical time management skills.
- Must be accurate, detailed-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Initiative and strong desire to learn and understand the ‘whys’
- Works flexible hours and days to accommodate job, task, or project.
- Off island travel may be required.