Meat - Cuts, trims, bones, ties, grinds meats to portion, prepare meat in cooking form.
Seafood - Cut, clean, and de-bone fish; work with by-products, and prepare them and other seafood for sale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Service customers with the Spirit of Aloha, a smile, and eye contact. Promptly and courteously answer all customers’ questions and assist the customer with their requests.
· Cut frozen tray products.
· Break down pig, beef, and lamb carcasses into individual cuts.
· Break down primal into individual steaks, roasts, and chops with little waste or by-products.
· Do reworks which consist of by-products of lamb, beef, port, and chicken.
· Cut and weigh steaks and chops for individual servings.
· Grind meat and tend electric grinder to grind meat.
· Shapes and ties roasts.
· Break down, cut, trim, clean, and pack fresh whole fish.
· Wrap and price merchandise as needed.
· Troubleshoots Meat Department machines when needed.
· Set up case according to sale, and pull rejects. Merchandise products.
· Mix sauces for marinates
· Estimates requirements, requisitions, and orders meat supply.
· Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery.
· Clean meat room
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Able to regularly lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 100 pounds to receive and/or store freight and/or meat products to and from work stations.
· Able to stand for long periods of time.
· Able to use palm to finger, handle, or feel; frequently be able to reach with both hands and arms to retrieve products from racks and/or over-head.
· Constantly required to walk, bend, squat and/or kneel to pick up boxes and/or debris from floor or stock wagon.
· Frequently required to climb and/or balance, taste, smell, talk, or hear.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.