WAIKOLOA - Produce Associate
Prepare and stock Produce Department items safely, accurately, quickly, neatly, efficiently, and intact on correct locations for an appealing display. Assist all customers with courteous, pleasant, patient service and treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to assist in maintaining quality control requirements on a consistent basis in accordance with Company standards.
- Proper holding temperature required for each item within the department is consistently policed and monitored.
- Adhere to proper produce receiving procedures revolving around quality control. Items that require refrigeration must be placed in the walk-in storage as soon as possible to upkeep the life of the items and reduce shrinkage.
- Policing premature “browning” of leafy items. Washing in ozone water will help to reduce this from occurring.
- Police and remove items that are found to have mold growing. Very prominent on grapes and strawberries.
- Able to determine overripe products that must be removed from the displays.
- Follow proper procedures regarding periodic tasting of all fruit items. Fresh fruits and cut fruit production items must be taste-tested periodically to ensure customer satisfaction levels are always maintained at a high level of Company standards
- Is product knowledgeable and offers recommendations to customers when appropriate. Especially within the department. Locally grown versus imported in. Organic, NON GMO, etc. Many items look alike and have different retails; associate must be able to know the differences through proper training.
- Gives all customers prompt and courteous service.
- Knows the different attractions of the general area. Information such as: bus schedules, hula shows, special activities, etc.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by Store Management.
- Assists Store Management in maintaining a ready-for-business store appearance at all times.
ABC Stores | Learn, Grow, Live | Hawaii Careers
July 5, 2022