The Barista position contributes to our Island Gourmet Coffee success by providing exceptional customer service to all our customers. This position also creates the Island Gourmet Coffee experience all customers expect by providing quick and friendly service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable coffee bar environment.
- Knowledge of of customer service standards and procedures
- Rings all sales as discussed in the Checkout Manual and Training Manuals
- Keeps coolers (grab and go items, baked goods, gelato, etc), store shelves, and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times. All item signs displayed correctly and accurately
- Cleans windows, floors, shelving, counters, refrigeration, and gas pumps to ensure they remain clean at all times
- No Barista experience necessary.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during peak sales periods or special events throughout the shift to keep the store operating at a high standard.
- Ability to learn and retain quickly.
- Ability to perform and complete oral and/or written instructions on a consistent basis. Ask questions if clarification is needed.
- Ability to work well (strong interpersonal skills) with others; build good working relationships to promote TEAMWORK.