BASALT RESTAURANT - Pastry Cook
The Pastry Cook will be responsible for preparing all pastry items in accordance with standards of quality and quantity control, taste, and presentation. Individuals should possess a strong attention to detail, organization, and cleanliness
- Responsible for daily production list and adhering to pars set forth by Chefs
- Required to always insure freshness and quality standards are met
- Prepare proper mise en place for line station operation during shifts
- Adhere to recipes and production guidelines in order to accurately and consistently produce quality pastries, desserts, and breads
- Execute daily production list for your respective station
- Successfully represent the DLME culinary vision while creating a positive working environment
- Perform any and all related duties as assigned by the Executive Pastry Chef or Pastry Sous Chef
- Awareness of station inventory and quality of freshness, Practice FIFO.
- Support controls to minimize food waste and theft
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a professional kitchen preferred
- Degree or certificate from an accredited culinary institution preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel
- Must have good grasp and comprehension of the English language
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including early morning and late night hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to collaborate and work cohesively within a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs.
ABC Stores | Learn, Grow, Live | Hawaii Careers
July 5, 2022