ABC Stores is expanding it's workforce of customer service driven Associates! If you represent the spirit of ALOHA, then YOU are the one we are looking for! LEARN how to run a retail business, exemplify the spirit of ALOHA and become a sales professional as you GROW with us being presented with the endless opportunity of career advancement and furthering your knowledge and education. The sky is the limit as YOU LIVE your ABC life with us.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and main job functions include the following but are not limited to:
- Gives all customers prompt and courteous service.
- Is product knowledgeable and offers recommendations to customers when appropriate.
- Knows the different attractions of the general area. Information such as: bus schedules, hula shows, special activities, etc.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by Store Management and Service Department Supervisors.
- Assists Store Management and Service Department Supervisors in maintaining a ready-for-business store appearance at all times.
- Follows the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with the Store Manager and or Service Department Supervisor. Punctual attendance is a must.
- Is familiar with and periodically reviews the Employee Handbook, Training Manuals, Checkout Manual, and Master Work board.
- Follows all procedures and regulations concerning all aspects of merchandise handling and cash handling as outlined in the Company’s Training Manuals.
- Operates shift within Company guidelines to achieve sales and profits.
- Maintains a clean and organized workplace to promote efficiency for the entire staff.
- Bakery experience preferred
- Knowledge of of customer service standards and procedures
- Rings all sales as discussed in the Checkout Manual and Training Manuals
- Maintains a calm demeanor during peak sales periods or special events throughout the shift to keep the store operating at a high standard
- Ability to work well (strong interpersonal skills) with others; build good working relationships to promote TEAMWORK
- Is always safety conscious; prevent accidents by reminding and informing fellow associates of any existing or potential safety hazard. Reports all safety concerns to the Store Manager and/or Service Department Supervisor
- Follows correct receiving and vendor check-in procedure as defined in the Training Manuals and as directed by Store Management and/or Coffee Bar Supervisor
- Keeps coolers (grab and go items, baked goods, gelato, etc), store shelves, and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times. All item signs displayed correctly and accurately
- Cleans windows, floors, shelving, counters, refrigeration, and gas pumps to ensure they remain clean at all times
- Be able to perform arithmetic calculations in order to be able to make change, complete reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in as part of the merchandise receiving procedure
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification, check cash register receipts, and process money transactions
- Be able to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment
- Be able to continuously stand for long periods at a time
- Be able to repetitively bend, squat, lift, push, pull and carry up to 30 pounds, cases of milk cartons, soft drinks, juice containers, produce, etc. repetitively stock shelves and coolers