Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
- Reads production schedule, store orders, picking slips, transfer slips.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles store orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to dispatching department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens cases, boxes, and other containers for re-packaging.
- Records amounts of materials or items picked.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.